Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Dump the T-Shirt...Grab the Purple Suit

I've always considered myself an individual...somebody who would dare to step more than a little bit away from center just for fun, or just to prove a point. I've never wanted to be predictable no matter how many times my wife has said to me, "I knew you'd do (or say) that!" Call it ego, call it rugged individualism without the ruggedness or call it just plain goofy as hell, that was me. It's not that I worked at it so much...it just seemed to be adjusting my thinking to what life meant for me to do...there was something Buddhist, maybe, about that.
Anyway, I've never really liked the Seinfeld situation comedy. And now you'll find out why: somebody once compared me to Kramer. The clever person even went so far as to buy a T-shirt bearing Kramer's likeness. Needless to say, there were no naysayers when the idea was proposed that Cosmo and I were, like, twins. Hackles were raised, and I refused to wear the shirt or watch the program as a result. Was it the hair? The slovenly dress? The complete unpredictability? (OK, that might be me). At any rate, I felt compromised by the comparison. Why is that important? It's happened again.
As part of the post wedding festivities, I sent out some basic photos to everyone who would care and was not in attendance at my son's wedding. I got a note back from my niece thanking me for the photos and then adding, "Do you know who Dan Zanes is? Every time he comes on the TV, my kids scream, "There's Uncle Darrell!"
Of course, I had no idea who this guy was, but the mere fact that this was a television personality of some type made me suspicious. I had to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKSnyS-vmkg

To find out about this character, check out the many YouTube videos like the one I've noted for you. As opposed to Cosmo Kramer, though, I think I LIKE the comparison this time. Anybody who plays and sings on such dynamite videos as "All Around the Kitchen" and "Jump Up (and Dance Around)" is OK by me. The hair is perfect, the clothes are definitely something I would love to have (had not they been given to St. Vincent), and the sheer joi de vivre expressed is classic me.
I'm going to sue him for taking my character without permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home