Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Friday, July 31, 2009

What's Fur For?


Rawhide chew additional

I will be the first to admit that I'm not a cat lover...actually, every cat with which I've come in contact might be the first to admit that, but you get the idea. I guess since we never had cats when I was a kid, I never got used to them being around. It's somewhat like raw beef: I mean, they eat it all the time in Wisconsin as a delicacy, but I grew up thinking that all food of the beef variety should be cooked thoroughly in order to halt the growth of intestinal parasites. But maybe it's just that we were backwards where I come from. I mean, we called a thing which spouted water for drinking a "water fountain" while here it's known as a "bubbler." We had "sacks" and here it's "bags." Confusing...but at least we were on similar footing with pets. Come to think of it, NOBODY I knew as a kid had a cat, but lots of my friends owned dogs...which leds me to conclude something with regard to the sexes:
"Dogs are a man's best friend," but "Diamonds are a girl's best friend." Seems like I'm getting gypped here.
Anyway, now for dog owners comes the accessory we've all been anxiously awaiting, especially the guys among us. It's the Dog Snuggie! That's right: even though we have our OWN Snuggie to keep our hands free for working the remote control, now we can assure our canine friends of the same comfort!
Purveyors of this product estimate that there are more than 74 million dogs kept as family pets...and, seriously, they are getting tired of receiving rawhide chews EVERY holiday!
I mean, more than 5 million Snuggies have been sold to people so you just know there's a market for those people's doggies, what with summer being a misnomer and winter fast approaching.
This item goes on sale in August at PetSmart (or is it PetsMart?), Petco and CVS Pharmacies. For a mere $9.99, YOUR favorite pet can keep snuggly warm on the couch with you watching "Lassie" reruns.
And have his or her paws free to work the remote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home