Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Who's Laughing Now?



Kobe, are you serious?

I don't claim to be a fashion maven, and my family will be happy to tell you that, perhaps, the exact opposite is true. If I like a particular shirt in a particular style, I'm apt to buy several in a variety of colors. This always elicits groans, snickers, and rolled eyes from anyone in my shopping vicinity...this, of course, precludes my kids since they see it coming and beat a hasty retreat long before I get to the checkout counter and THOSE sidelong glances...and just prior to the clerk saying in a patronizing voice, "Sir, did you see the orange shirt just like this on the rack?"
Generally, though, I get the most head-shaking response from my collection of sneakers. I'll admit to being closest to my "feminine" side when perusing shoes online, in magazines or in a store (of all places!). I love color, and orange, blue and yellow high-top basketball shoes are perfect for me, as are the yellow, black and red running shoes with orange flames running along the sides...even if they were on sale. (I know, can you believe such an item would be LESS than the original price...and in my size!)
Thus, it is with great joy that I present the article I found today listing someone's opinion about the 10 MOST horrible sneakers in the last 20 years; I am excited because I do not own ANY of them and probably would not be found wearing any of them, either, especially the ones featuring a zipper.
Check 'em out then apologize to me for all the snide comments you've made.

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/2009/04/top-10-ugliest-kicks-of-the-past-20-years/

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same fashion problem. I have at least 10 of the same sweater - just in different colors. Hey, if it looks good on you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home