Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Jonesing Some Chocolate Coins



You know it's the holiday season when the Jones Soda Company from Seattle comes out with its promotional sodas. I LOVE THEM!(except the broccoli). Last year, my friends Mark and Patty gave me the Thanksgiving pack for my birthday. This gastronomical delight featured sodas flavored like turkey and dressing (ok), cranberry (good!), gravy (not so much), and the aforementioned broccoli (definitely Mr. Yuck). This year, all the good girls and boys on my list are getting either the Christmas Pack or the Channukah Pack in their stockings. Of course, I'll leave the caps on!
Just in case you've already turned up your nose, you nattering nabob of negativity (to quote Spiro Agnew), hear me out. Some of these are great! The Jones Soda Company offers soda made with all natural ingredients, pure cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup (which is REALLY bad for you!) as well as teas and a few other delectables. I really like most of them; especial favorites are Cherry Jones (popular in Dallas, I suspect), Strawberry Manilow (popular with the ladies!), Momegranate and Green Apple. Now to the hoilday packs, available online, I might add ($12.99 + shipping). I always get mine at Target, and I still have one Candy Corn-flavored soda from Halloween. Anyhoo, back to the holidays.
Christians can revel in Christmas Ham, Christmas Tree, Egg Nog and Sugar Plum flavors.
For those of the Jewish persuasion (are people persuaded to be Jewish? I thought you just WERE Jewish), all the flavors are kosher and contain no caffeine: Latke Soda, Apple Sauce, Chocolate Coins, and Jelly Doughnut (Mmmmm...jelly doughnuts!).
If I had any idea what Latke was, I think I'd prefer the kosher stuff. What the heck, I've already tried gravy and broccoli.
Rest assured, if you hate the taste of a Christmas tree or ham, you WON'T like the soda, but if you're an adventurous type, go get 'em...you only live once...although once is enough if you try the broccoli, though!
The web site promises a savings of four dollars for those who purchase BOTH packs. I'm headed to Target myself.

I'm Jonesing a new taste in liquid refreshment for the holidays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home