Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Alexander Kuzmin For President

Is anyone besides me tired of the same old rhetoric spewed out like so much factory pollution from potential presidential candidates? With more than a year to go before the election, I've had it. I'm throwing all my weight behind Alexander Kuzmin for the top job in this country in '08.
Forget for the moment that he's 33 which makes him ineligible to be president anyway. Disregard the fact that he's not a native-born American which also precludes his election; in fact, he's a gol' darn Rooski, for heaven's sake. However, in case you haven't found out yet, the Cold War is over, and even though dismantling the erstwhile Soviet bloc has resulted in poor economic and political policies, Kusmin is one guy who I could readily support for the White House.
He has political experience: he's been the mayor of Megion, a town of 54,000 in Siberia 1200 miles north of Moscow, for over a year. He's in charge of the region that produces more oil than the rest of Russia combined which already makes him a viable candidate since we could get oil without fighting for it. But all that aside, he's a guy who gets things done. His list of forbidden statements has made him my guy. His subordinates are NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allowed to say, "I don't know" or "I can't." They are eligible to be fired under such circumstances. Also banned are the following: ""It's not my job"; "What can we do?"; "There is no money"; "It's impossible"; "I was sick/away on vacation"; and, my personal favorite: "I'm having lunch." There are twelve such banned statements hung in a frame next to his desk, and woe to he or she who utters the profane.
For Kuzmin, it's all about helplessness or perceived helplessness. His area is booming with the oil trade, but housing is still substandard, and everyone wanted to simply shrug away the blame. He has forced the issue and made everyone accountable. Can you imagine what kind of idyllic life we'd have in this country if everyone were made accountable for his or her actions? No more missing 900,000 weapons shipped to foreign countries; no more politicians ripping the gay community and then being "outed"; no more cheap imports with lead paint just to make a buck; no more blaming other people for our children's misbehavior and coddling professional athletes who don't want to be role models. No more reality TV like Kid Nation (or Kid Nation 2 currently being cast!)Wow! This could be an even greater country than it is. I know I backed Kinky Friedman in Texas, and he lost. Kuzmin may not have as good a chance as Alfred E. Neuman (my usual choice), but by gosh, we need somebody like him running this place though, truth be told, I won't move to Siberia if we get the same old, same old in '08.
I wouldn't even be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home