Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Apocalypse Is Upon Us

First of all, let me say that if I knew "restructuring" was going to be this much effort, I would have continued as a teacher. I have now worked four of the last five days, including a Sunday, as a tour guide at Lambeau Field. Hey, if I wanted to work that much, I'd have kept my other job! And all of this happens during the doggiest of dog days here in Green Bay! Hot and muggy does not do it justice...it was downright assault on the nervous system out there (and some guy came in last night and painted my lawn brown!)No doubt about it, I'm going to have to hire an assistant to help me keep up. But that's not what's got me upset today. I think the world is going to end soon. Another nail in the coffin of the world was announced today:
Krispy Kreme is closing its doors in Titletown. I was aghast when I read the news in today's paper. Where would I go for my birthday treat? I spluttered indignantly as I read the announcement yet again, refusing to believe it wasn't some nasty prank by the blogger who's been pretending to be Steve Jobs for the last year.
Alas, it is true, though. Those tasy, 200-calorie-per-pastry doughnuts are no longer readily available. To make matters even worse, I had recently purchased a card allowing me a dozen free doughnuts every time I bought one (up to ten). The fundraising company is going to hear about this!
I have to admit, though, that I might be partially responsible. Even though I love their product, good health habits have kept me from enjoying them except on rare occasions after the franchise moved to Green Bay. Had I done more buying and eating, the goody dispenser might still be open. As it is, the apocalypse is upon us. Green Bay folks will have to go back to eating more cheese and up the fried food intake to supplement a diet suddenly bereft of fat. If there is a silver lining, however, the store in Milwaukee remains open, and I've now developed an intense hunger for doughnuts. Maybe I can get back before work tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home