Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

..."And A Time For Every Purpose..."

It's just a bit after 8 a.m. and I'm not visiting the doctor today so I have some time on my hands. Of course, there are tasks to be completed today, but the time isn't right just yet. Randomly selecting tasks to complete during various daytime hours is not the way to do it, according to "Real Simple" magazine. There IS a best time for everything.
It's best to visit the doctor between 8-9 a.m. or 1-2 p.m. according to the magazine folks who've done the research (no clue as to what the best time for research is, however). The reasoning is that early in the morning, chances are you'll be first in line, and there will be fewer emergencies to make you wait. Also, if there is fasting involved for testing putposes, it's more convenient. I'm usually still full from the big bag of microwave popcorn and tub o' ice cream ingested prior to going to bed. Immediately after lunch, you'll again be first in line since doctors typically do their paperwork and get caught up over lunch hour. I'm extrapolating here, but I suspect these times would also be best for dentist visits as well unless you're in for sedation dentistry, then anytime is great because you'll be asleep!
I often get the urge to clean up around the house early in the morning, especially after seeing the living room strewn with detrius after having stayed up into the wee hours waiting for Barry Bonds' next home run. It's not so much that I like Barry Bonds, it's just that seeing history being made is cool. However, I didn't watch Barbara Morgan getting shot into space because I'm still upset that NASA didn't choose ME 22 years ago.
Anyway, the BEST time to do housework is around 4 p.m. because your hand-eye coordination is said to be at its peak at that time. I'm just starting to make dinner then, and I'd hate to get Pledge and Pam confused. Now that I have the revolutionary new mop invented by my buddy Joel at East Shore Industries, I can clean the floors in a jiffy and STILL get dinner on!
Going to the pharmacy is best completed by 3 p.m. in order to avoid the after-school rush. After-school rush? What, is the Pertussin rush by school kids on at that time? They should get that BEFORE school instead of Rock Star. Supposedly, this time is less busy and, subsequently, fewer mistakes are made. MISTAKES? Have I been taking the wrong stuff here?
Finally, the absolute best time for a nap, according to "Real Simple" occurs between 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. This time corresponds with a decrease in body temperature, and we feel naturally drowsy. The caution is that nobody should sleep longer than 30 minutes: 15-20 minutes is the ideal time frame. I've solved that one nicely by taking three naps consecutively, getting up just in time to reload on pharmaceuticals before making dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home