Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Snacking North of the Border

Every now and then, I get a craving for something different in a snack food. Oh, Cheetos are still the best even though I can no longer find the generic ones in the white/black bag that I really liked; still, variety is the spice of something or other, and I was intrigued when Lay's decided to audition for new flavors for a chip this past summer.
I tried Sriracha (liked it), Chicken and Waffles (so so) but never got around to trying the eventual winner: Cheesy Garlic Bread. Interesting choice of flavors, but NOTHING like those folks in Canada can dream up, eh? Here is the list of the four finalists for the new flavor north of our border:
1. Bacon and Onion Perogy (is that even spelled right?)
2. Grilled Cheese and Ketchup (I'd go for grilled cheese and sweet pickles)
3. Maple Moose (really? really!)
4. Creamy Garlic Caesar Salad (far too lengthy a name for a bag of chips)

My favorite out of the gate would have to be the moose one...I mean, what WOULD a moose with maple syrup dripping on it taste like? According to the Lay's folks, it has a "smoky flavour (note the British spelling...my spell-check did) with a hint of sweetness."
Yum.
I guess Ruffles are on the way out the door! Eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home