Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Will you still need me; will you still feed me"?






Someone had better lay off the carbs!



There is a never-ending stream of things to do for fun on the internet. Today, I discovered something called "in20years.com." It is a site that allows one to approximate how kind or not kind the years will be. A simple upload of a current photo leads to a possible look at what 20 years will do to one's appearance. I am certain that the software is not perfect, and I imagine it's much the same as is used to determine what someone might look like years after a mysterious disappearance. Nonetheless, there are a couple of things I think might actually be different.
First of all, my hair is still mostly brown in the "after" shot. It definitely will definitely NOT be brown since I see strains a a somewhat "lighter" color already creeping in. While I'll admit to being somewhat vain about certain things, hair color is not one of them since I refuse to spend precious seconds on something I consider unimportant. After all, I have only a limited number of seconds remaining!
Secondly, it's hard to imagine my face will be so tumid. After all, I've lived this long with a somewhat skeletal facial appearance; I cannot imagine ballooning up in 20 years, though anything is possible, I guess.
All in all, though, I hope to still be smiling; wrinkles don't bother me, either.
In fact, if I'm not looking up at dirt in 20 years and can still remember what I had for lunch the previous day, I'll be satisfied.
I had a pulled pork sandwich yesterday with cole slaw and cheese on focaccia bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home