Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For

Most of the time, I like to keep my own counsel, reckoning that I know myself better than most. There are exceptions, however, and this pain-in-the-psyche essay is one of them. I think I write rather well...I always enjoy the process and hope that others can at least understand what I'm trying to say. But having a group of composition teachers-soon-to-be peers is daunting. Thus, I have turned to my two favorite editors to check my efforts prior to subjecting it to professional scrutiny.
Ryun has yet to finish with the fine tooth comb, but he will be brutally honest when he does, and I value everything he has to say. He is, quite frankly, the best writer I have ever encountered.
Kathleen, my other muse, looked over my effort in the airport as we were headed to Colorado the other day day.
She felt I was too wordy.
So, I will stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home