Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Keep That Little Finger Raised


Homer Simpson's In Love!

Our neighborhood association is at again, at least they are in the "Fashionable North End." As is no doubt obvious, I do not live there, preferring the blue-collar "Charming South End" to hang my hat, as it were. Fund raisers abound in any neighborhood, but in ours, the big one is the annual (this being the second) wine tasting event with snacks and silent auction as well as a "nice selection of whites and reds.". I might go for the snacks, but standing around checking out the legs in a wine glass while swishing it around in my mouth and discussing its various qualities is not for me. Then, there's the care one has to take while holding a container that was not part of a value meal at Sonic, not to mention things like holding the glassware properly and wearing cardigan sweaters. Definitely not for me. Give me a beer any day, plop me in the right-field bleachers with said brew and a hot dog, and it's nirvana for me.
That being said, we just past Beer Day on March first, unbeknownst to most of us, I suspect, and there are dozens of informational sites dealing with the brewer's art (BTW, speaking of Brewers, Prince Fielder got one in the back today on the first pitch he saw in Spring Training!). My eyes naturally alighted on an article about the most, uh, "interesting" beer flavors, and there are some I'm going to find. I mean if I can drink Jones soda flavored like gravy and dressing, I can search these babies out. These are actual beers from actual brewers though I was not always able to discern the actual brew company:

Mama Mia Pizza flavored beer: features oregano, basil, tomato and garlic. Eating Italian without all the fat!

Chili Beer: Want more spice? Here it is, made with actual peppers. The best part? It goes great with beer!

Wells Banana Bread Beer: features bananas and sorghum.

Bilk Beer; 30% of this concoction is milk. supposedly it tastes like beer with a slight dairy smell. How is it on my breakfast cereal?

Is that too much for breakfast? How about Creme Brulee Stout. Put THAT on your French toast!

DarkStar Brewery's Coffee Beer: At last! something acceptable for early morning after a night out!

And, for those who are in a hurry in the morning and cannot take the time to eat a bite and drink something healthy, there's...

Shenandoah Chocolate Donut Beer!!! Are you kidding me? I'm going right to the specialty store tomorrow and see if I can get some of that!

Maybe the neighborhood association would like to pay to taste that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home