Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Big Day


July 10 is a notable day. The latest Harry Potter movie opens at midnight tonight, and even in Green Bay (or maybe ONLY in Green Bay), the crowds began assembling early in the morning to get the best seat or the first bag of popcorn...me? I'd go for the food. While I liked the Harry Potter books, the movies have been less than expected so I won't see this one. Big, but not the reason for excitement.
Baseball's All-Star game was held today, and I saw most of it after my shift of touring folks at Lambeau Field. The American League wins again, and Griffey gets a couple of RBIs...a perfect game. But that's not really it, either.
On this day 36 years ago, there was a woman who saw enough good things in me to marry me, and she's still able to find good things about me...now THAT'S a remarkable feat. Ichiro hit the first
All-Star game inside-the-park home run tonight, but that feat pales in comparison with the fortitude showed by my sweetie all these years. Bluntly put, I am not the easiest person with whom one can choose to live; she's managed to brush aside all the major flaws and maintain her hold on the glimmer that shows promise. I will say to everyone that she is the absolute nicest person in the world, and I'm lucky to have her. You should all be so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home