Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Sure Way To Cut Down on Food Intake








31 Filling Ounces





Not that I've ever been considered tubby by any means...I am roughly 30 pounds heavier than I was back in the day when I was a college runner. I am on a real exercise-and-no-eating-at-night kind of thing this semester, and I weigh myself once a week. Losing a few lbs might prolong my life, though if it comes at the risk of enjoying myself...well, that's a road to be decided upon at a later date.
At this point, any reasonable dietary aid is up for consideration; that's where the folks at Starbucks seem to be looking out for me. The new 31-ounce drink recently unveiled by the coffee folks (called a trenta by the barista--Italian, I think, for "more coffee than you can drink in a day") might be just the thing I've been seeking.
Oh, I've read opinions from all the naysayers like Dr. Jessica Bartfield of Loyola University's Health System who says that the trend toward larger portions is what got Americans so morbidly obese in the first place. Bartfield also contends that each two-fisted drink might contain up to an extra 200 calories that would add up to an additional two pounds of "more-to-love" every month. She also contends that the new 31-ounce size will contain as much as 4 or five times the caffeine as a regular 6 or 7-ounce cup 'o Jo. To me, that seems like 6 or 7 times as much energy boosting to wear OFF calories instead of adding them, and that doesn't even count all the trips to the bathroom! And one more thing...
The National Post, a Canadian news source, reports that the amount of liquid involved in the trenta (or, for that matter, Dunkin' Donuts 32-ounce behemoth drink) contains MORE liquid than is contained in the human stomach! Perfect! With all that liquid, there's no room for food! This could be the perfect diet solution.
If a person can lose weight on a complete McDonald's diet, I should be able to do the same with Starbucks!
I might even be able to cut down on exercise at this rate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home