Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Only in America...Probably..Oink, Oink

As Yakov Smirnov, noted Russian comic that's as "yesterday" as the bacon explosion, used to marvel, "America...what a country!" I have to totally agree with the sentiment. The country that gave us the assembly line and March Madness is also home to some amazing culinary delights, The Golden Corral notwithstanding, and I consider it my duty to inform you of them whenever I find something too good to pass up.
Sometimes, travel is involved, like visiting Pimani Brothers in Pittsburgh for their sandwich which is loaded with everything...including fries and cole slaw...between the bread! Honestly, when I had one, it was too complicated, what with pieces falling out of the bread and onto my lap with regularity and a total inability on my part to talk while eating. Still...worthwhile. Also in Pennsylvania is the restaurant north of Pittsburgh that serves the two-pound burger. I noted that in an earlier blog. I'll probably give that a pass the next time I'm in the Keystone State, but it's got to be a winner. What with all the "pork" the government is loading up on, it appears that it's bacon that this country is going whole hog over.
It started, as far as I know, with the bacon explosion that was all the rage on the internet and hit prominence in time for Super Bowl parties like the one my brother-in-law Mike hosted. He claimed it was fabulous but demurred when I suggested we make it the next time he's back in Wisconsin...said it was more of a Super Bowl thing. Ok, so I'll have to do it myself. BUT...I have yet another bacon creation that I discovered today that I WILL make the next time Mike is around: the bacon-cheeseburger pizza. I cannot even begin to do the description justice, so I will merely post the URL so anyone can check it out.
Let's just say it contains two whole pizzas, a pig's worth of bacon, enough cheese to keep the Wisconsin economy recession-proof and more ground beef than fast food restaurants use in a day (OK, OK, so they don't use all that much ACTUAL beef...still...)
Here's the link. Let's strap on the feedbag, as my old buddy Karl used to say. (and have the parmedics standing by).

http://thechive.com/2009/02/how-to-make-a-bacon-and-cheese-stuffed-pizza-burger-11-photos/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home