Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mental Blocque

I'm stumped. I've worked literally hours on trying to come up with another name for this darned weblog, but I can't generate anything even remotely clever. On a weekend when Coco Crisp gets sent to the Red Sox (Antonio, if you become a Red Sox fan, there will be NO college fund for you!), Dolly Parton hits the country charts for the first time in forever, and the leader of North Korea announces that he had 11 holes-in-one on his very first round of golf, my life force has diminished to zip. So, In lieu of my writing anything even remotely clever, I will provide a couple of sites for you to peruse while I get my literary act together:
sixnewthings.com provides you with half a dozen new things to do each and every month...all exciting things around the country. It may be aimed at business travelers, but I think it would still be cool to see the suggestions. The only drawback is the $24 annual fee. FOR SIX NEW THINGS EVERY MONTH! The site supposedly already contains over 400 things to do. Sweet.
mcsweeneys.net is a site that has interesting mental wanderings from a plethora of writers. Check it out.
Lastly, and bestly, in my opinion, is hitchmagazine.com, a zine which looks at pop culture with tongue in cheek and smirk on face.
These people are all far more clever than I could ever be so if you go there and do not return here, I don't blame you...even if I manage to think of a new name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home