Parlor Spider...Step In, Little Fly

Insightful thoughts and/or rants from atop the soapbox from one who wishes to share the "right" opinion with everyone.

Monday, September 13, 2010

I'll Have What She's Having



Snackin' With the Chef!

I know it seems like food dominates this blog at times...and if there's something new with bacon, I feel it's justified. Fact is, without food, we'd be...well, hungry...at least until that point where we became comatose without glucose...and bacon.
So, when I ran across an interesting site today entitled "5@5," I just had to investigate.
It seems this is a daily food-related list site on which people of all professions and tastes compile a food-related list. It's that simple. Take today's list, for example, compiled by Chef Amanda Freitag, celebrity chef appearing on "Chopped" for The Food Network (which, surprisingly, I almost never watch). Her list today involves the five foods she likes to eat when she gets home from work.
You do the same, don't you: get home from your daily grind and reach for some snackin' food: "just a little to tide you over" as my friend John says. And while I usually get home from work just in time to start dinner, I'll admit to some preliminary lip-smackers...but I digress. here's the professional's point of view in no particular order.
1. Guacamole, chips and hummus.
2. Pasta with olive oil, chili flakes and parmesan cheese. (heck, this would be dinner!)
3. Fried calamari...uh, no.
4. A "Dagwood" sandwich. You'd have to be somewhat older to get the reference to the character in the comic strip Blondie, but he regularly makes huge sandwiches with meats, cheeses, condiments and anything left in the fridge.
5. Pizza. That would mean it would leftover.Not at our house.
There you have today's favorite after-work food list.
I'm going to make myself a sandwich. Want one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home